We welcome people who have never done this sort of activity before and you can volunteer as little as a few hours a week. There are plenty of different areas in which to get involved. We’ll find the one which works best for you or you can get involved in all aspects of what we do. That could be:
- Staffing the vans to collect wood
- Preparing timber for sale
- Working in the shop, serving customers, and doing admin to keep the business organised
- Making wooden products
- Educating the public through publicity, displays, and social media
- Supporting or mentoring more vulnerable volunteers
Some people also get involved with sales, marketing, designing products, or any other tasks needed to operate a busy and successful small community business.